Monday, August 4, 2008

A New York Run!






Well, it’s august! Only 3 more months and we’ll officially be “running from the kids”! I can’t wait. I just returned from vacation a few weeks ago and have to admit that I didn’t run as much as I had planned. I also enjoyed eating much more than I told myself that I would. But, one cannot go to New York and not enjoy the culinary experience that great city has to offer. Pastrami sandwiches and cheesecake from Carnegie Deli topped my favorite list! If any of you have been there, you will know just what I mean.

I did enjoy some of the most beautiful runs I’ve ever had while I was there. Picture magnificent wooded hills early in the morning (dew still on the ground), cool breeze coming off a picturesque lake, a baby fawn with it’s mother feeding on the berry bushes off the side of the road, and a cute little New England town in upstate New York with architecture dating back to the early 1700's. Now that's a run!

Wish you were all there running with me, I imagined you were. Looking forward to our Saturday morning runs when everyone returns! In the meantime, keep running ladies!

1 comment:

Katie said...

Michele how fun to have run in such a scenic place. I'll try to imagine it with you as we plod down Bridlewood Blvd. in the sweat and humidity!