Friday, August 15, 2008

New look... new commitment!

So I don't know about all of you but this Texas heat is killing my want/desire to run!  Let me re-phrase.... I want to run.... I just can't!  So in honor of recommitting to training I thought a new look was in order.  I hope some of the rest of you are feeling the same way...

So a few things...

1.  Look the the right.  See that lovely team list that still has 4 spots with question marks!  We need to get this part wrapped up for many reasons.. a few of which will be subsequent numbers  :)  Put those feelers out, think of maybe the not so obvious people in your life that you would want to have an amazing unforgettable 24+ hours with, without daily life creeping in.  If you find some one... get their email address to me and I will send them a link to fill in their information and check the waiver.

2.  Did everyone else get the pace/start time email?  If you didn't and want to read it let me know I will forward it to you.  Katie G. ~ we need your knowledge.... when do we want to start?  Does it matter?  Does it make a huge difference?  This is me asking for HELP... and that rarely happens... just ask Bart  :)

3.  Have you read the Race Bible yet?  Did you even know there was such a thing?  Here is a link to it... Texas Race Bible...  Well I was just reading it and read that you have to provide 3 volunteers, or you can pay $120.00 and not provide any.  I am kind of on the pay $10 each and not have to find 3 more people... but let me know what your thoughts are.  (The book isn't very clear... at the beginning it is every team and farther into it it is only teams with some one within 100 miles?)

4.  We need to start thinking about what legs we all want/can run.  Check them out here  Email me what your thoughts are for yourself... which ones you want/don't want and I will compile the emails and see where we stand....

5.  Here is the training for next week.... happy weekend everyone....

Monday:  Easy~30 minutes hills   Intermediate~5 Miles
Tuesday:  Easy~rest or easy cross train   Intermediate~6 Miles Hills
Wednesday:  Easy~40 minutes   Intermediate~5 Miles
Thursday:  Easy~rest or easy cross train   Intermediate~8 Miles
Friday:  Easy~30 minutes   Intermediate~5 Miles
Saturday:  Easy~60 minutes  Intermediate~12 Miles (Hey look Lindsay.. our moment of insanity falls right in line with our training....  hahaha)


1 comment:

The Wilks' Family said...

Erin,
I love the new look! I needed a change and a new commitment. The heat and end of summer has definitely taken it's toll. Thanks for being such a great team leader!

FYI: Sharon C. has volunteered to be our other driver. How fun is that going to be!!!!