Monday, September 22, 2008

Newby

Hello Everyone, I'm Mary the newest addition! And I am so excited!!
I am a 'little' obsessive when it comes to running, just ask my 8 year old son Lance, he has helped volunteer for running events and in August he won second place at the Silver Stars 5k for his age group! Let's see, well, I started running in the summer of 2005 when I received orders for an unaccompanied 1 year tour to Korea. I was sitting in my apartment missing Lance and was sick of feeling sorry for myself. So I put on some very untrendy running shorts and a regular bra and just started running (yeah I know it sounds like forest Gump). Granted I only lasted 30 minutes with numerous walk breaks, but everything in my mind cleared and I felt so good, yep,I was addicted! And it just keeps giving! I finished my time in the Army and moved to San Antonio to head the Breast Imaging Center at BAMC, and I knew no one. Once again running helped me out by introducing me to some great people that have become my surrogate families! I love challenges like these and can't wait to get out there!!

1 comment:

The Eberhardts said...

welcome mary. i look forward to meeting you and hearing all about lance, and your career. what fun we'll have!