Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Meet Katie


I have about 30 seconds to say Hi! and to let you know that I think Erin is the most enthusiastic runner I've ever met. An idea to get to know a few new girls has blossomed into a full blown past time, complete with a blog! thanks for taking the ball and running with it Erin (pun was totally intended;)

I'm older than 30, and have learned that age is a matter of mind. I look forward to running with young at heart moms and feel so blessed to have a body that can put one foot in front of the other. My life is full of chaos and disorganization, even though organization is something I've always felt I was good at. I wouldn't change a minute of the experiences we've had and feel so thankful for the package that is my life..this package includes a fantastic, supportive, fun loving, talented and hot to trot husband John along with 6 great kids ranging in age from 13-2. 4 of our kids are "home grown" and two came by way of adoption. It has been a fabulous ride getting them here, and my every breath is devoted to making sure they have the tools to be good and worthy individuals (okay, some of my breaths are also used talking to friends on the phone, looking at ideas for our house and garden and even making a few scrapbooks here and there. Oh, I guess I also use some of my breath when I sit and watch Arrested Development or the Office, but not as much, so I don't sit down very often. As you get to be my age that metabolism slows girls, and you have to stay on your feet more just to use up those slow burning calories ;)



Having run one of these relays before I can speak with experience when I say the following things:

1. This will be challenging
2. This will be fun!
3. I want to be in the second van (tell ya why later on...)

can't wait to work hard toward something worth achieving. So happy to have all of you work with. And as for those two last few spots; perhaps its time for me to make some long distance calls to sisters and former running buddies to fill them up!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

Wow! Six kids! I'm sure you haven't seen a dull moment in years!