Monday, May 26, 2008

And then there was two...

Ok we are down to two spots left! (Lindsay will you make sure Susie is really in?) So I will kick off the introductions since no one else is jumping in...

Here is what I know about our great team so far.... {you had your chances to speak up :)}

1... Jessica.... She is the mom of three great girls. She is wonderfully tall and runs like a "gazelle" as the rest of our Saturday morning ladies say. She apparently loves to run hills so I think all of us are on board with letting her

2... Valerie... She is joining us from Houston. She founds us through Marathon Mommies. She is the owner of a Stroller Strides business in her area and is the mom of three. That is about all I know so feel free to add more details :)

3... Susie .... She is a middle school teacher with Lindsay. She is also at the gym with me early in the am and is always smiling and happy.....

4... Lindsay... is the mom to 2 little ones and a middle school teacher. A party always follows her wherever she goes.... and in true fashion our little run is being viewed as one big birthday party to bring in the 30's :)

5... Michele... is the mom to 5 kids including a very active set of twins at the end! She is our dependable Saturday morning cheerleader :) She is a real estate agent and is one of the most dependable people I know

6... Yvonne... She is our party girl.... bringing fun and way too much laughter everywhere she is! She is also amazing/crazy when it comes to running... like ruining the Austin half with no training... but boy we had fun :) She is the mom of three boys

7... Ellen... Ellen is the mom of two boys and my steady reminder to not over-do it so I can keep running with her forever! She is wonderfully fun, an artist and is the manager of a great UPS store :)

8... Jaime... She is the mom of 3 adorable kids. Used to teach a great song and dance troop. Jaime is always on top of things, or at least has me fooled into thinking she is :) and is soo much fun to be around.... even if it isn't very often!

9... Katie... The amazingly calm mom of 6! Just came back to Texas after a few stops around the world- literally! I don't think I have seen her not smiling since she moved in :)

10... Me (Erin)... I am the mom of 2 (Hunter 8 & Jorden 6) owner of The Ribbon Spot, Lone Star Ribbon and manager of The Marble Spot (it really belongs to Hunter) I am anxiously hesitant about turning 30 on the first of January. It is kind of fun having my birthday on resolution day... so for this year it was to run a race (5k, 10k or a half) every month for the last year I was in my 20's. Well as with everything in life it has gotten modified as time went on because it was never my intention to run 2 FULL marathons, a triathlon and prepare to run the Goofy challenge 10 days into my 30's or to run a 196 mile relay. I truly have discovered that I love to run... I love how it makes me feel, how it clears my mind and how it has been the gateway to some of my best and most important friendships. My favorite color is Pink, Red, Green and Orange :) My favorite dessert in chocolate mousse cheesecake for The Cheesecake Factory. I am a music junkie and love just about every type of music (there are 2200+ songs in my iTunes library right now) But currently a favorite to run to is a group called Black Violin (classical violin music mixed with a perfect running beat)

Hahaha.... I just discovered that between all of us there are at least 29 kids....

Now it is all of your turns.... let all of the rest of us know a little bit about you... i.e. birthdays, favorite colors foods or music.... something.... anything :)

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Go Ragnar Ladies!!! I will be the first to comment, as your very envious cheerleader. Maybe if it were the 196 mile waddle...sigh. I received a very generous offer from Erin last night to come along as a "navigator"--if only you knew my (lack of) skills in that area. I don't know if there will be room enough in the van for my belly at that point in time. Just promise to save me a spot next year! Happy Running!

The Eberhardts said...

thanks for the intros and the time you took to do it. this will be loads of fun. is it ragnar time yet?

Katie said...

thanks for letting us get to know you Erin-come over at 4:50 a.m. and you'll see the time of day when I don't smile ;)